These qualifications are an introduction to the primary aspects of working with children and young people between the ages of 4 to 16 in play environments. They provide an understanding of the importance of play and playwork in children and young people’s lives.
The Award and Certificate are mainly knowledge based, with a limited amount of practical application in the playwork environment. The Diploma covers the knowledge and skills needed when working under supervision and requires the learner to demonstrate the full application of these in the workplace
Apprenticeship Level 2
- 12 months duration (approx)
- Provides new skills and a thorough grounding for both new and existing employees
- Academic equivalent to 4-5 GCSE’s
- Level 2 Diploma in Playwork (NVQ)(QCF)
- Level 2 Award in Employment Awareness In Active Leisure and Learning
- Level 1 Functional Skills – Maths & ICT
The Benefits of Apprenticeships
- Provides new and develops existing skills
- Training delivered in the workplace
- Designated Vocational Learning Advisors who visit by appointment only
- Enhances future career prospects
- Provides a sense of achievement
- Gains a nationally recognised and valued qualification
- Work an average of 30 hours per week
- Not in full time education
- Must be a European citizen
Funding is available for the majority of cases.
For more information please click here.